Subsea UK is the industry body and focal point for the entire British subsea industry and aims to increase business opportunities at home and abroad for the sector. The organisation act for the whole supply chain bringing together operators, contractors, suppliers and people in the industry. Subsea UK was established by the industry and acts on behalf of the industry.
Representing more than 300 members, Subsea UK is the not-for-profit, industry body that champions the country’s subsea supply chain both at home and abroad. It acts as a focal point to promote the sector and maximise its opportunities as well as provide a national forum for collaboration, diversification and technology development.
With over 45,000 employees and around 650 companies, the £7.5 billion subsea sector leads the way around the world in terms of experience, innovation and technology. While oil and gas accounts for the major share of subsea revenues, the sector also operates in defence, oceanology and marine renewables, primarily offshore wind including emerging sectors of wave and tidal.
Subsea UK’s vision is for the UK to build on its world leading position in underwater operations, renowned for its innovation & technology, engineering ingenuity and manufacturing expertise.
Key priorities for Subsea UK are:
- Ensuring that the UK maintains its world leading position in subsea
- Creating a Centre of Subsea Excellence in the UK.
- Facilitating programmes that address the key skills shortages in the industry.
- Bringing industry, academia and government together to accelerate the development of the next generation of subsea technologies.
- Helping member companies diversify into other sectors and other geographical markets.