Walker Subsea Engineering was formed in 2011, with the intention to put innovation at the forefront of subsea design. The company offer engineering solutions and also develop their own product range. Clients have included industry leading companies such as SMD, DeepOcean and Ocean Installer.
The company's product offering includes subsea excavator undercarriages and back-deck equipment for subsea construction vessels.
Walker Subsea Engineering offer a dynamic, bespoke design service, incorporating the following solutions:
- 2D and 3D CAD design using AutoCAD and Inventor software
- Concept, manufacture and assembly drawings
- Hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Deck layouts and operational storyboards
- Engineering reports & operations planning
Engineering reports & operations planning
Expert analysis for a range of complex operational needs. This includes the following tools:
- Structural integrity assessments
- Product installation/deployment analysis
- Sea-fastening reports for temporary and permanent installations
- Planning for marine operations: Task plans, Procedures, Risk Assessments
Maintenance and modification of existing equipment
Walker Subsea Engineering have a wealth of skill to maintain and modify offshore equipment, notably ROVs, Lifting Appliances and Cable/ Pipe Handling Systems. The company use their operational experience to upgrade equipment to suit the most demanding conditions.
New build equipment
Walker Subsea Engineering offer a bespoke, turnkey product design and manufacture service, tailored to client needs. As an experienced partner to offshore construction companies they can help identify solutions to meet project needs.
To complement their products and services, Walker Subsea Engineering can also guide clients project through the class and flag-state approval phase. Their engineers are fully versed with requirements set out by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Lloyd’s Register, Norsok, Bureau Veritas (BV) and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).