Subtech specialises in the provision of world class marine services in sub-Saharan Africa. The company are headquartered in Durban, South Africa and have operational bases in Namibia (Walvis Bay), South Africa (Cape Town), Mozambique (Maputo, Beira, Nacala, and Pemba).
With a wealth of invaluable experience, innovation, extensive geographical reach and range of services it is able to offer fully integrated solutions to its clients.
Since its inception in 1995, Subtech has earned a respected reputation within the marine industry. Accredited to ISO 9001:2008, with full membership of the International Marine Contractor’s Association (IMCA), it has established a proven track record which has enabled it to build and preserve an extensive client list.
Subtech is able to offer world class services, leveraged off an extensive African footprint and local country knowledge, throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. The company is a subsidiary of James Fisher and Sons PLC, a leading provider of services, innovation and technology to the marine, oil & gas and other high assurance industries worldwide.
Services cover most aspects of diving and marine related requirements, both above and below water, and are incorporated within the following Divisions:
- Subsea - including offshore diving and services, inshore diving and shipping services and inspections
- Salvage - including Marine emergency response, Contamination prevention and response management, Wreck removal, and refloating vessels.
- Marine - including a wide range of flexible marine support services through Sub-Saharan Africa, a wide range of marine towage services as well as vessel management services
- Survey - including single and multibeam bathymetric, side-scan sonar and magnetometer surveys
- Projects - including marine construction, submarine pipeline installation and maintenance, logistical support through Sub-Saharan Africa and cable installation and maintenance