Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG) is the leading professional institute representing geoscientists in all professional sectors throughout Australia.
AIG was formed in 1981 to help:
- provide effective representation on issues affecting the status and perception of geoscience professions
- cooperate with other professional institutes on matters of common interest
- ensure the availability of diverse, educational opportunities for students at all levels
- develop and maintain standards for professional practice
- provide high quality, accessible, relevant short courses, seminars and conferences
- promote continued professional development by members
- help to enhance employment opportunities for geoscience professionals.