The main objective of the Pakistan Petroleum Exploration and Production Companies Association (PPEPCA) is to Coordinate efforts of those engaged in the upstream petroleum industry activities.
- Petroleum forum: To serve as a forum for the petroleum exploration and production companies to confer on all issues of common interest and to formulate joint strategies.
- Industry views: To ascertain, and convey, collective views of members on matters concerning petroleum industry such as legislation procedures, taxation, transport and infrastructure needs, import and export, security, safety, labor and industrial relations.
- Represent petroleum industry: To represent the petroleum exploration and production sector at Federal & Provincial levels of Governments of Pakistan, relating to matters affecting upstream petroleum sector's operations in Pakistan.
- Recommendations: To review and make recommendations in respect of all upstream activities with a view to achieving national interest in respect of self-sufficiency in petroleum, and optimum utilization of Pakistan's Petroleum Resources.
- Information: To compile, collect and circulate to member companies, accurate, reliable and current information on petroleum exploration, development and production activities in Pakistan.
- Technology: To develop plans for the transfer and development of suitable upstream technology in consultation with PPEPCA members.
- Research & development: Promote or sponsor such research and development as PPEPCA Members may consider appropriate.
- Training: To promote training programmes, courses and seminars and train personnel and workers, both in Pakistan and abroad, in order to obtain technical proficiency in various specialties connected with the activities of PPEPCA.