exploHUB is a unique training organisation located in Europe's Energy Capital. It is dedicated to the full-time training of geoscientists in the fundamentals of hydrocarbon exploration by developing and applying regional exploration skills.
exploHUB is owned by the University of Aberdeen and is an integral part of the Department of Geology and Petroleum Geology, School of Geosciences and College of Physical Sciences at the University of Aberdeen.
The exploHUB curriculum has a modular structure that focuses on "learning by doing ". Active exploration is supported by short courses, tutorials and exploration exercises.
- Module 1 - Global Basin Screening
- Module 2 - Petroleum System Fundamentals
- Module 3 - Play and Prospect Analysis including "Size of the Prize"
- Module 4 - MSc Dissertation
- Embedded Software Training